Sunday 19 May 2013

Tomato soup

The only weekdays I have time to cook are Saturday and Sunday. Since I work in an office, we go for a lunch during work time  And to be honest, I COULD cook something during the evening for the next days... but I don't like cooking in a hurry.

I've wanted to make tomato soup for some time now and now I had the possibility to make it.

What you need:
500g tomatoes
2 slices of bread (I used toast)
1/2 jar of basilicum
1 onion
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil
2-3 dl water
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 dl cream (can't be seen in the pic since I added it at the end to give the soup a little bit more taste)




Cut the tomatoes and onion. I roasted the onion with olive oil and added the bread in small pieces. After the onions had gotten a bit color, I added tomatoes and the rest of the ingredients. I blended all the ingredients with a mixer and the result looked like this:



I didn't blend the soup 100% cause my mixer spilled the hot soup everywhere :D But all an all I was really happy with the end result. 

Käännös: Koska olen toimistotöissä, ehdin tekemään vain viikonloppuisin ruokaa. Voisin kyllä tehdä iltaisin töitten jälkeenkin ruokaa  mutta en jaksa. Menemme yleensä töissä lounaalle kanttiiniin syömään joten en ota usein ruokaa mukaan töihin. 
Olen halunnut tehdä jo pitkään tomaattikeittoa, ja tänään sain tehtyä sitä. 
Tarvitset keittoon: 


500g tomaatteja
2 siivua leipää (mä käytin paahtoleipää)
1/2 ruukku basilikaa
1 sipuli
2 tl valkosipulia
1 tl suolaa
2 rkl oliiviöljyä
2-3 dl vettä
1 rkl sitruunanmehua
1 dl kermaa (ei näy kuvassa koska päätin lisätä kermaa lopussa, jotta keitto sai kermaisen maun)

Leikkaa tomaatit ja sipuli pieneksi. Paista sipuli pienessä määrässä öljyä kunnes sipuli on kypsynyt. Lisää leipä pieninä paloina ja anna hautua hetken. Lisää loput aineet ja keitä niin kauan kunnes tomaatit ovat pehmenneet (noin viitisen minuuttia). Soseuta keitto ja nauti!
Mun keitosta ei tullu täysin "samettimaista", mun sauvasekoitin tykkäsi heitellä keittoa kattilan ulkopuolelle ku soseutin sitä. Eli sipulit ei soseutunu ihan kokonaan mut lopputulos oli tosi hyvä!!

No comments:

Post a Comment