Monday 7 May 2012

Fruit-ads, where??

Actually I wanted to post about this thing already yesterday but then I forgot it. Just came home from the grocerystore and as I was walking home it came into my mind again. 

Here in Salzburg, there is quite a lot of ads next to the roads so it is possible to see many different advertisements. A good example is on the other side of the street from my house, where they are building a new swimmingpool/swimmingarea, where people can go and relax but still stay in the city. Anyways, since they have to cover the buildingsite a bit, there are these huge ads. The thing is, and not only there but all around the city, that the ads are either about some cars, insurance company or my favourite, sweet snacks. I love chocolate, don't get me wrong but I find that everyone should look what they are eating that they also eat veggies and fruits. I started to think how many people want to get that chocoholate on the ad, and just run through the veggie and fruit section? There are no interesting ads to be seen in TV or on the streets where bananas, oranges, apples, cucumber or salads or what ever are presented so that when you see the ad, you want to buy them. Is it in our society self-explaining that everyone knows how healthy fruits are and that no ads are needed? On the otherside it can be read how people in different countries are getting more and more overweight. The funny thing which I saw in a document was that in the developed countries the amount of calories is really high but the caloriecontent really low. When a 3rd world country or less developed countries were looked at, the calorie amount was on a healthy level, even a little bit too low but then the caloriecontent (meaning vitamins, minerals, proteins etc) was very high.


I hope the reason for almost no ads about fruits and veggies is not only due to the profit-seeking companies producing these industrially sweetened "goods". For me the veggies and the fruits speak for themselves with their colours, different tastes and healthiness. Hopefully it is also the same with you guys!





 The ad's above are not anyways directed against the companies presented in the ads and the writer has no personal dislike against the companies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment