Wednesday 4 April 2012

you are just.... FAT!

I know I should be writing my thesis but I just can't!! Later then...

I was surfing on the internet and reading news. One finnish tabloidmagazine (Iltalehti) wrote about the main actress of the new movie "The Hunger games". The movie is based on a novel written by Suzanne Collins. The novels tells a story about a young girl who lives in a post-apocalyptic world and she is chosen by a lottery game to play a televised game with a male competitor and at the end only one can survive.

Anyways, back to the news which I read about the main actress of the movie, Jennifer Lawrence. She is 21 years old and it looks like the movie critics in US are saying she cannot be taken seriously in her role since she is too FAT. Here a picture of Jennifer Lawrence:



Could someone please elaborate, where Jennifer Lawrence is FAT? That she has still her "babyweight" and that she is "too-well-fed"? I mean seriously, how crooked has the world turned to, when such a beautiful girl (for sure a size 34-36(US size 4 or 6) is said to be fat. I have looked many documentations about anorexic children/women, read articles from psychiatrist how eatingdisorders never go away and that these people are sick until they die. Many don't have their periods, cannot have children because they are not fully developed, their bones are very fractured and their organs are not working properly. And then you really ask yourself, why? Because they look up to models on the runways who weigh as much as a 10-12 year old girl or read in the magazines "how to get yourself fit for summer?" or "how to eat correctly?". I do have the opinion that many people should look what they eat and really realize that doing sports is healthy. I dont like sports personally at all, but I know it is good for me :) And for the record, those critics who said that Jennifer Lawrence is fat were all men. They didnt seem to have a problem with the muscular men who played also in the movie....


I think nowadays there are two possibilities, at least for women. Either you have to be skinny or you are fat. There is nothing in between, lets say "normal", which is the category where most women in this world fall into. And to be honest, some of us have a bigger butt, bigger breasts, bigger hips or maybe a longer torso. But come on, if you take care of yourself, eat healthy, you are healthy over all and like what you see in the mirror, that is the best thing you can have. Its not the size of your shirt or pants, its how much you believe in yourself.


and FYI, I havent even watched the movie and probably not going to, I am so lazy with going to the movies :D
 

No comments:

Post a Comment