Saturday 28 January 2012

Coco Chanel

So, I am sort of boring and spending Saturday evening home alone. I worked the whole day, cooked a nice meal (from me to myself) and I am now watching the movie "Coco Chanel". It is sort of weird to watch the movie when the real persons talk french but as we are in Austria, they all speak german :D

Anyways, I find it fascinating to watch and read the story of Coco Chanel. How she was born to a really poor family and how through many steps she created something totally new that the world has never seen before. At the end she died alone and who knows what she in the end believed.

As the fashion changes every six months, Coco created fashion classics like Chanel No.5, the little black dress and the tweed jacket. As we know, fashion repeats itself but there are those classics from which this carousel started. And I believe that Coco Chanel was one of the first persons to get into the carousel and that she had a long ride with it.
Time to hang up my laundry and dream on about the little Chanel bag: 

Hope some of you are partying tonight, please party on my behalf also ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment